Saturday, March 13, 2010

Walking in New Orleans

We've had a long winter. Its nothing compared to the Upper Midwest or the Northeast, but still more cold and dreary rain than wanted. Yesterday, however, was a glorious spring day  and perfect for a long, mind settling walk. More after the jump
These days some of my clearest thinking is done away from the office and technology. Yesterday's walk through the Tulane campus and down St. Charles was well suited to productive contemplation. I sorted out a bunch of things.  At one point a former counsel opposite approached from the other direction busy in conversation with a walking partner. Litigation can be intense and personal. Our case was very contentious. As we passed my smiling acknowledgment was met with shocked sudden silence.  Not a word. My smile and warm feeling on the other hand remain. It was a glorious day! No sour, former adversary could spoil my walk or affect my internal definition of self.