Sunday, September 6, 2009

Old Dog, new tricks

Well, I have read some good stuff, some bad stuff and some stuff I'm not good enough to understand. I'm in the midst of the humbling experience of trying to stay prepared for teaching the National Labor Relations Act to law students. Not my day job, but one that requires time and preparation even, er, over the Labor Day holiday. Pretty sure I'll survive the semester without EFCA complicating things. The day job involves the representation of employers in Louisiana and Mississippi and on occasion elsewhere. On September 13, 2009 I will have done that for 33 years. Union organizing campaigns, discrimination law suits, unfair labor practice trials, wage hour advice and litigation . . . .
I could go on but risk boring at least someone. This is my place to communicate random thoughts which interest me and may be of interest to owners and managers of businesses as well as human resources professionals.